Office For Foreigners
As a foreigner in Poland you probably will be happy to hear that polish bureaucrats established a special office dedicated to help you with your problems. The main goal for people working in the Office for Foreigners is to provide a comprehensive and professional service to legalize your stay and provide protection to foreigners residing in Poland.
In fact only the foreigners from outside EU need to use the help offered by the Office for Foreigners so if you are EU citizen you can read about it just for fun or just skip this section.
The main areas of expertise
The Office for Foreigners is:
– conducting a national set of registers, records and a list of foreign matters
– entry of foreigners in the territory of the Republic of Poland
– the transit of foreigners through that territory of Poland
– residence of foreigners in Poland
– granting or depriving of the refugee status
– granting or depriving of the asylum
– provision of social assistance to foreigners applying for refugee status or temporary protection
– temporary protection of foreigners
– leading centres for foreigners applying for refugee status
Address: 16 Koszykowa Street, 00-564 Warsaw
Phone number: 0048 (22) 60 175 14